I found this recipe from The Culinary Compass and meal prepped it for my lunches this past week. It was so good, I’m going to share it with all of you.
The first step is to add the chicken, reserved pineapple juice, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, and ginger into a gallon size bag.
Mix it together and let it sit in the bag for 30 minutes.
In a skillet melt 1 tbsp coconut oil.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the pepper and onion and cook until tender (about 7 minutes). *I was only meal prepping for 3 days worth so I used half a pepper instead of a whole one.*
Add in the pineapple and cook another 2-3 minutes before removing from the skillet.
Add in 1 tbsp coconut oil to the skillet and let it melt.
Add in the chicken and cook until no longer pink, roughly 9 minutes.
Add in 2 tbsp soy sauce, as well as lime juice. Stir the veggie mixture back into the chicken and let simmer 2-3 minutes.
Serve it hot, or pack it into lunches like I did. I made brown rice to go along with it, but you could use white rice, or cauliflower rice if you are doing keto.
Full Recipe and Instructions
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- pineapple juice, reserved from pineapple chunks
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional: brown rice, to serve
- In a gallon bag, add chicken, reserved pineapple juice, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, and ginger. Mix together and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in green pepper and red onion. Cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Add pineapple chunks, cook an additional 2-3 minutes and remove from skillet.
- Add in remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add chicken and cook until no longer pink 8-10 minutes. Add remaining 2 tbsp of soy sauce and lime juice. Mix and add veggie mixture back in. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice. Serve warm or save for later!
If you try it out let us know in the comments below. Check out some more of The Culinary Compass recipes here. Until next time lovelies.